This Privacy Notice together with the Website Use Disclaimer and our Terms of Business (if applicable) sets out the basis on which Diamond Heron Solicitors (as defined in these legal notices) processes your personal data.
How we collect your personal data
Your personal data may be collected by us in a number of ways, including:
• through our provision of legal services to you;
• during the course of dealings with you for or on behalf of a client;
• when you provide us with information in relation to your attendance at any of our seminars or other hosted events;
• when you provide information to us by filling in forms on this web site. For example, this includes information provided at the time of registering for newsletters and updates on this web site, subscribing to our services, participating in webinars, posting material or requesting further services;
• when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes;
• when you contact us for these and any other reason, we may monitor and keep a record of that correspondence (in whatever form);
• when we collect publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources); and
• when we collect your personal data from third parties (for example our clients or other law firms).
The type of personal data that we may collect
The categories of your personal data that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers);
• Professional information such as job titles, previous jobs, and professional experience and qualifications;
• Where you provide it, information about your hobbies and interests;
• Details of your visits to this web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data; and
• Images captured by our offices; CCTV cameras.
Where necessary and legally permitted, we may also collect more sensitive data such as diversity and health data, and details of offences and related proceedings.
Use of personal information
We process personal information about you the following purposes:
• to provide you or a client with, and to improve, our services;
• to deal with your enquiries and requests;
• to contact you in the course of providing services to our clients;
• to provide you with information about our services, and to advise you of news, and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information, and to carry out market research campaigns;
• to provide you with any other information that you request from us;
• to comply with our legal and professional responsibilities; and
• where we have other legitimate reasons, such as for internal compliance and security purposes.
You can change you preferences for receiving group marketing emails, legal updates and other information from us by clicking on the ‘update your preferences’ link in Diamond Heron email.
Please note that we may use your marketing and content preferences, and other information you provide to us (including details of your attendance at, or interest in, events) in order to build a profile for you. We may supplement this profile with information about how you use our websites, review our content and interact with us. We use this profile to try and ensure that you only receive information that you are likely to find of interest.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. When we collect contact information from you (for example, when you provide us with your business card), we may add your details to our contacts database and to our mailing lists. In all other cases, we will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com, calling us on 028 90243726, writing to us at Diamond Heron Solicitors, Diamond House, 7-19 Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1FB or clicking on ‘unsubscribe’.
View details of the cookies that we are currently using on this web site and in relation to email invitations and alerts.
Where we store and transfer your personal information
We have a number of offices around the world and, as below, we may disclose personal information to third parties in certain circumstances.
Disclosure of your information
If you attend an event organized or hosted by us, we may disclose your details to others who attend or participate in the organization of that event (as notified to you).
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to this web site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Access to information
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you or to obtain a copy of it. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please write to us at Diamond Heron Solicitors, Diamond House, 7-19 Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1FB.
If you have any requests of queries concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diamond Heron Solicitors, Diamond House, 7-19 Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 1FB